DO YOU want to learn how to create great looking videos with your Canon DSLR camera, and get a chance to win some cool prizes along the way? Here's how. Your favourite IT pullout has partnered with Canon Marketing Malaysia to present The Star In.Tech EOS Movie Challenge - Memories in Motion contest.
For full details on how to participate and other relevant information, go to the contest microsite at techcentral.my/moviechallenge. Recruitment of participants ends Feb 14. Shortlisted teams will be required to attend a briefing and a session to draw lots in Studio V, at the 1Utama Shopping Mall on Feb 19. From there, they will have a month to complete the challenge.
All entries must be submitted via the Internet; i.e. uploaded to Youtube.com, and the URL for the video posted on the microsite. Remember, only one video submission per team. Twenty per cent of the marks awarded for the video will come from the public, when voting takes place. The remainder of the marks will be awarded by the contest judges.
The entries will be judged based on production and post-production quality, shot composition, camera work, lighting and shot variety, as well as on script and storyline quality, among others.
A Canon EOS 60D camera is the grand prize. Following that are two special jury awards, which will net the winners a Canon EOS 550D camera each. Also, seven Canon Digital Ixus 130 cameras will be awarded as consolation prizes.
Terms and conditions:
1. The Star In.Tech EOS Movie Challenge Memories in Motion contest is open to residents of Malaysia only;
2. The videos must be taken in Malaysia;
3. By entering the competition, participants grant Canon Marketing Malaysia and its competition partners an irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide royalty-free licence to reproduce, publicly display, distribute, publicly perform and create derivative works from the submitted materials, in all media, solely in connection with the administration, judging and promotion of the competition;
4. All submitted videos will become property of Star Publications (M) Bhd and Canon Marketing (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd. All contestants consent to Star Publications' and Canon' Marketing's use of entries for promotional and/or editorial purposes. Contestants retain all other intellectual property rights;
5. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entertained; and
6. Prizes are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash in part or in full.